Bill C-7 passed Third Reading on December 10, 2020 in the House of Commons and now moves to the Senate. This is progress, but the work is not yet done.
We are now only about one week away from December 18, the deadline ordered by the Quebec Superior Court. With your help, we can ensure that the Senate hears clearly that Canadians want Bill C-7 passed. Take one minute and send a letter to the Senators to let them know that passing Bill C-7 is critical to relieving suffering for those individuals, identified in the Truchon decision, that continue to be denied their constitutional right to access medical assistance in dying.
Here's how it works:
- Enter your postal code so the letter can be sent to the Senators representing your province.
- Then, enter your name and email address. (Phone number is optional.)
- You can use the default text, or you can customize it to make your message even more powerful.
- When you're done, click "Send my email." Your message will be sent to the Senators.
- Once you’re done, please send the link to friends and family who might also be interested. You can also easily post it to social media.