Join us on Wednesday, June 24th for the webinar MAID and COVID-19: Impacts of the pandemic on end-of-life choices. We will speak with three MAID providers from across Canada and hear about the successes and challenges related to providing end-of-life choice during the time of COVID-19. Our speakers are:
- Erica Maynard, RN has been a MAID assessor/provider since 2016 and works in primary and seniors’ care as a Nurse Practitioner. She has a keen interest in chronic disease management, seniors, and end-of-life care.
- Dr. Ellen Wiebe is a Clinical Professor at University of British Columbia. After 30 years of full-service family practice, she now restricts her practice to women’s health and assisted death. She provides consultations for doctors and patients about medical aid in dying and provides assisted death through Hemlock Aid.
- Dr. Susan Woolhouse is a family physician in Toronto, Ontario with the Inner City Health Associates. She provides medical assistance in dying (MAID) and has a small grief therapy practice for children and teens.
The panel will reflect on the past four months and discuss how MAID access and delivery might be improved or more patient-centred. What issues related to healthcare access has COVID exposed, and how might these lessons connect to MAID? How have their experiences as MAID providers changed over the past few months? What feedback are patients and their family members sharing during the pandemic?
Space is limited, so please RSVP today! Here are the details, including information on how to reserve your spot:
MAID and COVID-19: Impacts of the pandemic on end-of-life choices
- Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2020
- Time: 3:30 pm to 4:45 pm ET (starts at 4:30 pm AT / 2:30 pm CT / 1:30 pm MT / 12:30 pm PT)
- Register using the following link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_g3n4FkZjTn2EMaMwnfuR6Q
NOTE: Before the webinar takes place, you will be sent an email with information on how to log in. We encourage you to listen to the webinar using your computer audio, but there is a toll-free phone option available if needed.
Can’t attend on June 24? We will post a recording of it to the Past Webinars page on our website by June 30.
If you have questions that you would like answered during the webinar, make sure to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We’d like to answer as many as possible, and sending them ahead of time will help us get to as many as we can. Thank you for your interest, and see you on June 24!