Medical assistance in dying Assessment Guide
Booklet | June 29, 2022
A comprehensive guide to the MAID assessment process in Canada
Canada’s medical assistance in dying (MAID) law requires that two independent health care providers evaluate an individual’s eligibility for MAID. It is understandable to feel stressed or uncertain about these eligibility assessments; however, they are necessary and invaluable to ensure that your nurse practitioner(s) or physician(s) understand who you are, your medical history, and why you are interested in MAID.
Download a MAID Assessment Guide
This guide provides information on what to expect during the MAID assessment process.
Within this guide, you will find answers to questions such as:
- How do I arrange an assessment?
- What and who is involved in an assessment?
- Where do I go for an assessment?
- How do I prepare for my assessment?
- How does a nurse practitioner or physician determine eligibility?
- How long does an assessment take?
- And more…