Last December, the Council of Canadian Academies (CCA) released three long-awaited reports examining the future of assisted dying in Canada. The non-partisan think tank was tasked by the federal government to study three groups of suffering Canadians currently excluded from our assisted dying law.
With the reports now public, two researchers at the helm of the studies have agreed to participate in a Monday, February 4 webinar presented by Dying With Dignity Canada. They will delve into how the three teams of researchers went about their work and explain the groups’ key findings — with a special emphasis on the report on advance requests for assisted dying.
Our speakers for this very special event, which will take place the week of the fourth anniversary of the landmark Carter decision, include:
- Jennifer Gibson, Director of the University of Toronto’s Joint Centre for Bioethics and the Chair of the CCA’s working group on advance requests for assisted dying
- Tijs Creutzberg, Director of Assessments at the CCA
- DWDC CEO Shanaaz Gokool, who will discuss the implications of the CCA’s reports on the future of end-of-life choice in Canada
Space is limited, so please RSVP today! Here are the details, including information on how to reserve your spot:
- Date: Monday, Feb. 4, 2019
- Time: 12 p.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Mountain/2 p.m. Central/3 p.m. Eastern/4 p.m. Atlantic/4:30 p.m. Newfoundland
- Register using the following link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6690331838749012226
NOTE: Before the webinar takes place, you will be sent an email with information on how to log in. We encourage you to listen to the webinar using your computer audio. While a phone number is provided, please note that this is a local Toronto number and long-distance charges may apply. By listening through your computer, no charges will apply and you can participate fully in the conversation.
Can’t attend on Feb. 4? A replay video of the webinar will be made available in the days after the presentation. To ensure you receive the link, just RSVP for the event using the instructions in this message — you’ll get an email notification when the video is ready.
Send in your questions by Jan. 31
Do you have a question for one of our speakers? To help ensure that we get to as many of them as possible, we ask that you email your questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day on January 31. Thank you for your interest!