Find out what's happening where you live.
Type in your city, street address or postal code to find Dying With Dignity Canada events near you. If you want to host your own event or workshop, contact DWDC's National Volunteer and Events Coordinator Kelsey Goforth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do you have questions about medical assistance in dying (MAID)? Are you interested in learning about how this critical work has changed in the two years since legalization?
Then please consider joining Dying With Dignity Canada on Sept. 27 for our second-ever Ask a Clinician webinar. Two experienced, passionate providers of MAID will be answering participants’ questions during this exclusive, free-to-attend event.
Dr. Chantal Perrot and nurse practitioner Erica Maynard will be answering viewer questions as part of Dying With Dignity Canada's Ask a Clinician webinar on Sept. 27.
Our featured speakers include:
- Chantal Perrot, an Ontario member of DWDC’s Clinicians Advisory Council and a director on our Board
- Nurse practitioner Erica Maynard, a Nova Scotia member of DWDC’s Clinicians Advisory Council
Space is limited, so please RSVP today! Here are the details, including information on how to reserve your spot:
- Date: Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018
- Time: 12 p.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Mountain/2 p.m. Central/3 p.m. Eastern/4 p.m. Atlantic/4:30 p.m. Newfoundland
- Register using the following link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2233223957864521475
NOTE: Before the webinar takes place, you will be sent an email with information on how to log in. We encourage you to listen to the webinar using your computer audio. While a phone number is provided, please note that this is a local Toronto number and long-distance charges may apply. By listening through your computer, no charges will apply and you can participate fully in the conversation.
Send in your questions by Sept. 24
Do you have a question to ask one of our speakers? To help ensure that we get to as many of them as possible, we ask that you email your questions to us at email@example.com by end of day on September 24.
We should note that this webinar is for educational purposes only. The clinicians will be able to provide general information and insight. However, they cannot provide medical assessments or medical advice during the session.
At this session, you will:
- Learn about the importance of Advance Care Planning
- Consider your personal values and healthcare wishes
- Develop a basis for conversations about end-of-life choices
- Realize who would and would not be an appropriate agent
- Draft your own unique plan and personal directive
Speakers include DWDC Calgary Chapter Planning Committee members Judy Hunt and Sigrid Wili.
There is no cost to this event, but a donation is appreciated to help cover the Calgary chapter's expenses for this event.
Free parking is available on the north side of the LRT station, as well as adjacent to the Centre for the disabled. Register your vehicle at the reception desk.