In this recorded webinar, Dying With Dignity Canada (DWDC) hosted a discussion on Canada’s new assisted dying law, Bill C-7.
- The changes to MAID eligibility stemming from Bill C-7
- The parliamentary process
- The upcoming review considering advance requests and MAID for those with mental illness
Tip: We've uploaded timestamps so you can jump straight to the questions and answers that interest you most. Just select "Watch on YouTube" above, and read the description underneath the video.
- Minister David Lametti, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada
- Senator James Cowan, Chair, DWDC Board of Directors
- Helen Long, DWDC CEO
- The Council of Canadian Academies Reports on MAID
- Bill C-7 Text
- DWDC’s Bill C-7 Resources
- DWDC’s Bill C-7 FAQ
For viewing subtitles in French:
Click on the video to play, or open in YouTube in a separate window.
At the bottom right of the screen is a block with CC in it. If you click on this icon, the Closed Captioning will be activated and a red line will appear under the CC icon.
Next, you can change the language from the default English to French.
Click on the gear icon just to the right of the CC icon.
A list of choices will appear including Subtitles/CC. Click on this option and you will have a choice of 3 items.
Choose "Auto-translate," then scroll down to find French in the list.