Dear supporter of end-of-life rights:
Recent actions at the Delta Hospice Society have triggered strong public reaction and brought the issue of medical assistance in dying (MAID) and palliative care back into the public eye. While this incident is the spark, we don’t want to limit the discussion to this single facility as there are numerous faith-based hospitals and hospices around the province which don’t allow MAID to be performed on-site. As such, we are launching a province-wide email campaign to encourage the provincial government to eliminate the MAID exemption granted to publicly funded faith-based facilities. This would end the practice of “forced transfers” for individuals requesting MAID in these facilities.
We encourage you to send a message to let politicians and our health authorities know that the practice of forced transfers must end.
Here's how it works:
- Enter your postal code so the petition can be sent to your MLA representing your district.
- Select recipients of your message: the Premier of BC, BC's Health Minister, and the board chairs of the different health authorities (along with your MLA).
- Then, enter your name and email address. (Phone number is optional.)
- You can use the default text, or you can customize it to make your message even more powerful. You can click in the text to make any changes. (Please be sure not to remove the fields in the s.)
- When you're done, click "Send my email." Your message will be sent to the representatives you selected, as well as your MLA. You'll receive a copy of your message in an email.
- Once you’re done, please send the link to friends and family who might also be interested. You can also easily post it to social media.