These are challenging times filled with a great deal of uncertainty. However, even during a pandemic, you have the power to voice your own choices about your care.
On April 16, 2020, DWDC hosted a webinar on how people across Canada can decide and communicate their wishes for healthcare.
With the expertise of Connie Jorsvik, National Advance Care Planning Coordinator; Valerie Cooper MN, NP-Adult, CHPCN(C) Nurse Practitioner, Hospice Palliative Care Program South East Local Health Integration Network, Kingston; and Maureen Aslin, Education Manager, Dying With Dignity Canada has created the COVID-19 ACP Toolkit to help you take action now.
This webinar, Advance Care Planning & COVID-19: Voicing Your Choice in Uncertain Times, featured the authors of the toolkit, and will give you the information you need to help make your wishes known to your loved ones, including choosing a Substitute Decision Maker and preparing your Advance Directive. We hope this webinar and resource will bring you peace of mind, whether you should need these documents now or later. The best time to empower yourself to make healthcare decisions is now, and this webinar can help you take the first step.
This webinar was an instalment in Dying With Dignity Canada’s End in Mind Online Education Series.
For viewing subtitles in French:
- Click on the video to play, or open in YouTube in a separate window.
- At the bottom right of the screen is a block with CC in it. If you click on this icon, the Closed Captioning will be activated and a red line will appear under the CC icon.
- Next, you can change the language from the default English to French.
- Click on the gear icon just to the right of the CC icon.
- A list of choices will appear including Subtitles/CC. Click on this option and you will have a choice of 3 items.
- Choose "Auto-translate," then scroll down to find French in the list.