This Town Hall presentation by DWD’s Board Member, Francoise Hebert, is open to the public to explore issues around end-of-life choices and why dying with dignity should be legal.
- October 29, 2014Time: 7 to 9 p.m.Location: Dunnville, ONVenue: The Minga Café, 146 Queen Street
- October 30, 2014Time: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.Location: Mahone BayVenue: Mahone Bay Centre, 45 School St.Have you completed your plan?Need some help? Join DWD volunteer speaker, Ellen Agger for this introductory session and get the best out of your Advance Care Planning Kit.
- November 1, 2014Time: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.Location: TorontoVenue: DWD Office, 55 Eglinton Ave. E. Suite #802NOTE NEW DATE - NOW NOV. 1st! (WAS OCT. 11)Want to learn more about Advance Care Planning? Have some questions to ask? Wondering about making end-of-life decisions?
- November 1, 2014Time: 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.Location: KelownaVenue: Okanagan Regional Library, 1380 Ellis StreetJoin Wanda Morris, DWD Canada CEO, for a presentation and discussion about the hottest topic in the media today: The legalization of medically assisted dying.
- November 1, 2014Time: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.Location: TorontoVenue: J.J.R. MacLeod Auditorium,1 King's College Circle
DWD Canada's board member and passionate speaker, Jack Pasht presents: Reason and the Terrible Death at the Non-Conference: A conference for non-believers and everybody.Posted In: Toronto and Area
- November 2, 2014Time: 1 to 3 p.m.Location: 1310 Bertram Street, KelownaVenue: Unitarian Fellowship Kelowna
Do you think competent adults suffering from an incurable or terminal illness should have the right to a medically assisted death? Do you think the laws should be changed so that a doctor acting with compassion on a patient's request would not face a criminal charge?Posted In: BC
- November 5, 2014Time: 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.Location: OrilliaVenue: Ramara Centre Library SessionJoin volunteer speaker Marg Ringland for this inter-active presentation. End-of-life issues have become a topic of increasing public interest. Learn more about the key issues related to patient rights in end-of-life decision making and planning. Find out what resources are available for advanced care planning to support your choices.
- November 6, 2014Time: 2 to 4 p.m.Location: LondonVenue: Community Meeting Room,* Westmount Mall, 785 Wonderland Rd. S.
Read the book! Join the discussion! We’ll review Still Alice, the best-selling piece of fiction by Lisa Genova. Facilitated by DWD members, Gemmell Neilson and Catherine Forster.
- November 12, 2014Time: 2 to 4 p.m.Location: LondonVenue: Angelo's Bakery/Café, Beaverbrook and Wonderland Road
Gatherings like this are becoming increasingly popular around the world. They allow people to engage in plain conversation about death and dying. They are not grief support or counselling sessions. Come along and meet our DWD volunteer organizers, Pamela Kramer and Gemmell Neilson. Read on to learn more!
- November 13, 2014Time: 7 to 9 p.m.Location: CalgaryVenue: Varsity Towers, 4603 Varsity Drive NW
In 1994, Oregon became the first state to legalize physician-assisted dying. In this acclaimed documentary, filmmaker Peter Richardson gently enters the lives of the terminally ill as they consider whether-and when-to end their lives by lethal overdose.
- November 19, 2014Time: 1:30Location: 129 McPhillips AvenueVenue: Salt Spring Public Library
Talking About Death Won't Kill You!
At Death Cafes people drink tea, eat cake and discuss death. It is Salt Spring's turn!
Join us as we sip, savour and chat with others who have a story to tell about end-of-life experiences and opportunities in Canada. DAINTIES PROVIDED.
Here's a map to the venue.
- November 15, 2014Time: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.Location: Toronto, ONVenue: DWD Offices, 55 Eglinton Ave. East, Suite #802
*** NOTE NEW DATE: NOV. 22, 2014 ***
This full, one-day session is facilitated by DWD’s Board Member, Ambassador and Dynamic Facilitator, Francoise Hebert. It is open to Dying With Dignity members who want to become more knowledgeable about the issues. Read on to learn more!
- November 22, 2014Time: First draw at 9 a.m.Location: GuelphVenue: Guelph Curling Club, 816 Woolwich Street, Hwy #6 North
Once again we will join together for some rousing fun as we Curl For Choice in 2014! Come on out for your chance to win great prizes at our local hallmark fundraising event supporting Dying With Dignity! Check our Grand River Chapter page for all the information and forms you'll need to participate this year!
- November 22, 2014Time: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.Location: MississaugaVenue: Erin Mills United Church, 3010 The Collegeway
Have you completed your plan? Need some help?
This three-hour seminar jointly led by DWD volunteer speakers Dianne Woodruff and Herman Chang, will give you a hands-on opportunity to work out your end-of-life wishes using our Advance Care Planning document Who Will Speak For You?
- November 24, 2014Time: 7 to 9 p.m.Location: CalgaryVenue: Location details to be provided to registrants
Read the book! Join the discussion! Facilitated by DWD member, June Churchill. Please print and share our poster!
- November 25, 2014Time: 6:30 to 9 p.m.Location: West VancouverVenue: Kay Meek Centre, 1700 Mathers AvenueThis is a public event in the UBC Dialogues series to engage alumni, donors and community about issues that matter to them. Come and find out what options you have around end-of-life choices.
- November 26, 2014Time: 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.Location: LondonVenue: Horton Street Seniors' Centre, 184 Horton Street
Do you know your rights and options when it comes to health care? If you become critically ill, how will you ensure you receive the treatment you want? Read on to learn more.
- Advance Care Planning
- Ambassador Training
- Annual General Meeting
- assisted dying
- Book Club
- Calgary DWD Chapter
- Carter Challenge
- client support
- death and dying
- end of life
- End-of-Life Choice
- Film screening
- medically assisted dying
- member intensive training
- Members meeting
- Patient Rights
- Speaker Training
- Terry Pratchett