In the months to come, all Canadians must unite to ensure the spirit of the Supreme Court of Canada’s Carter decision is upheld and that Canadians have the option of a physician assisted death come Feb. 6, 2016.
- Download DWD Canada's full 2015 Federal Election Action Kit (PDF)
- Related: DWD Canada's 2015 Election Platform
With the federal election now underway, we are asking you, our supporters, to reach out to all candidates in your ridings. We have created this toolkit to help you identify the questions to ask, where to reach out and how to effectively engage with election candidates before voting day on Oct. 19. Now is the time to Voice Your Choice!
In this toolkit you will find out:
- Questions to ask candidates in the 2015 federal election
- How to arrange to meet your local candidates
- How to use DWD Canada's Political Candidate Questionnaire to find out your candidates' views on end-of-life choice
- How to send in questions about assisted dying to the leaders debates and local candidate debates
- How to engage with your candidates online through social media such as Twitter and Facebook
Other ways to engage:
- Submit a video or photo through DWD Canada’s crowdsourcing campaign
- Write letters to the editor of your local paper
- Talk to your family and friends about physician assisted dying (PAD)
- Share links to DWD Canada’s news and updates through Facebook, Twitter or emails to friends
- Organize a local event