Find out what's happening where you live.
Type in your city, street address or postal code to find DWD Canada events near you. If you want to host your own event or workshop, contact DWD Canada's National Volunteer and Events Coordinator Kelsey Goforth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Join the Municipal Pension Retirees Association's meeting in Nanaimo for a one-hour talk on death and dying, patient rights, advance care planning and assisted dying. The MPRA has kindly invited up to 10 DWDC supporters to join them for this engaging talk, followed by a brunch (after their business meeting).
Presenter: Adrian Fine, Dying With Dignity Canada Victoria Chapter and member of DWDC’s Physicians Advisory Council
Please RSVP -- and cancel if you can't make it so we can accommodate another interested person.
It’s your life. It’s your choice. What choices do we have now at end of life? What needs to change?
Join us for this informative, interactive session on advance care planning, patient rights and assisted dying on Vancouver Island.
- Ellen Agger & Jeffrey Brooks, Co-chairs, Dying With Dignity Canada Victoria Chapter
- Dr. David Robertson, Co-chair, MAID Working Group, Island Health
- Videos of Noreen Campbell, a North Saanich resident who had an assisted death on January 12, 2017 (from the Noreen Speaks video series)
Thanks to Vanessa Rocchio for organizing this meeting.
Please RSVP on this page or by emailing Ellen- email@example.com
Dying With Dignity Canada invites you to join us for What's in Your Plan?: A National Conversation on Advance Care Planning. In this interactive, free-to-attend webinar, expert presenters will inform and engage people from across the country to think about, talk about and share their wishes for end-of-life care. Topics of discussion will include getting in the right frame of mind to begin advance care planning, legal considerations when advance care planning, how to choose a substitute decision-maker, navigating family conflicts, and so much more.
The webinar's expert speakers will include:
- Karen Faith, Bioethics Consultant and Speaker
- Shelley R. Birenbaum, Health Law Lawyer
- Connie Jorsvik, Former RN, Independent Healthcare Navigator and Patient Advocate
RSVP today to join us as we kick off our “What’s in Your Plan?” Campaign. Here are the details, including information on how to reserve your spot:
- What’s in Your Plan?: A National Conversation on Advance Care Planning
- Date: April 6, 2017
- Time: 3 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. Eastern/Noon until 1:30 p.m. Pacific
- Attendee registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5790029712671622146
- NOTE: We encourage you to listen to the webinar using your computer audio. While a phone number is provided, please note that this is a local Toronto number and long-distance charges may apply depending on your phone plan and location. By listening through your computer, no charges will apply and you can participate fully in the session’s Q&A component.
In a gentle, supportive environment, we’ll talk about the taboo topic of death and dying. Led by Dying with Dignity Canada Victoria Chapter facilitators, you’ll learn to have open conversations about this experience that affects us all. Presentation includes information on assisted dying, patients’ rights and advance care planning. Please note: You must register through the library website or call 250-940-GVPL (4875) for more information. Registration begins February 27, 2017.
Free underground parking is available in the City Parkade under the library.
For 2017, Dying With Dignity Canada's Annual General Meeting returns to Toronto. Don't miss out on this opportunity to meet the organization's board and staff, cast your ballot in the board elections and learn more about what's ahead for the movement fighting to give all Canadians compassion and choice at end of life.
To attend, you must be a DWDC member in good standing. To check on your membership status, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can sign up for an annual membership on our website.
See the official notice of the AGM here. More details will be announced in the coming weeks.