Are you passionate about improving quality in dying for all? Do you want to take on a leading role in shaping Dying With Dignity Canada's advocacy at the most critical time in the organization's history? Then nominate yourself or someone you know to run as a candidate for one of three vacancies on Dying With Dignity Canada’s Board of Directors.
DWDC will hold its annual general meeting in Toronto on May 27, 2016. One purpose of the event is to elect directors who will help govern the organization. This year, we will have five openings on our Board of Directors and are currently looking for candidates to fill those vacancies. In particular, we plan to recruit board members who each bring one or more of the following qualities to the table:
- A background in fundraising, along with a willingness to participate in direct fundraising
- Not-for-profit governance and/or executive experience
- A background in public policy and/or government relations
- Business and investment acumen
- Legal expertise (regulatory and legislative)
- A history of advocacy in the field of end-of-life rights and/or personal experience with medical assistance in dying
Does this sound like you or someone you know? If so, please consider making a nomination for DWDC’s 2018-2019 Board of Directors. To learn more, download our detailed Call for Nominations to learn more about the eligibility requirements and how to make a submission.
In addition, the document provides more information about what is expected of members who sit on the Board. The deadline for submissions is March 30, 2018, so act now!