Are you passionate about improving quality in dying for all? Do you want to take on a leading role in shaping Dying With Dignity Canada's advocacy at the most critical time in the organization's history? Then nominate yourself or someone you know to run as a candidate for one of three vacancies on Dying With Dignity Canada’s Board of Directors.
DWDC will hold its annual general meeting in Toronto on May 29, 2016. One purpose of the event is to elect directors who will help govern the organization. Their responsibilities include:
- Establishing broad policies and objectives;
- Selecting, appointing, supporting and reviewing the performance of the chief executive officer;
- Ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
- Approving annual budgets;
- Accounting to the members for the organization's performance.
Are you thinking about making a nomination? If so, please download our detailed call for nominations to learn more about the eligibility requirements and how to make a submission.
The document also provides more information about what is expected of members who sit on the Board.
The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2016, so act now!