Dying With Dignity Canada's 2018 Annual General Meeting will take place in Toronto on Sunday, May 27. Don't miss out on this opportunity to meet the organization's board and staff, cast your ballot in the board elections, and learn more about what's ahead for the movement to defend Canadians' end-of-life rights.
- Meet the Candidates for DWDC's 2018-2019 Board of Directors
- Download the package of materials for the AGM's Official Business
Jocelyn Downie, a professor of law and health care ethics at Dalhousie University, will deliver the keynote speech at DWDC's 2018 Annual General Meeting.
This year's AGM will be held in the FCP Gallery at First Canadian Place (100 King St. W) in downtown Toronto. Click here for helpful tips on how to get to the building and where to find parking.
The tentative order of events is as follows:
- 1:30 p.m. — Meet and mingle with board members and staff (refreshments available)
- 2:00 p.m. — Official welcome, followed by a special speech by Liana Brittain, a DWDC volunteer whose husband was the first person to have an assisted death on Prince Edward Island, and a keynote speech by Dalhousie law and health care ethics professor Jocelyn Downie
- 3:15 p.m. — Official business of AGM, including DWDC’s board elections
100 King St W
Toronto, ON M5X 2A2
Google map and directions